velez van autocaravanas

Where can I rent a camper van camper vans for rent in almeria?

You can alquiler camper andalucia /autocaravanas en alquiler andalucia furgonetas camper de alquiler en almeria

rent the vehicles in a number of ways:

– On site, at our Vélez Van rental centre.

– By calling 950 614 195 or 659 936 888

– Via the booking gateway at www.velezvan.com

What is the minimum age to rent a camper van?

The hirer and each of the drivers must meet the following conditions:

– Minimum 25 years old.

– At least 3 years experience with a class B driving licence.

– At least 6 points on the driving licence.

What kind of driving licence is required to rent a camper van camper rental vans?

The driver must hold a class B driving licence with at least three years’ experience or the appropriate national licence. If you are not a resident of the European Union, you must hold an international driving licence.

When can I collect the camper?

Collection time is Monday to Friday, from 10:00h.
Return time is Monday to Friday, before 19:30h. rent a camper Andalucía 

What is the vehicle handover process?

After the vehicle reservation has been confirmed, the named driver must send the company a copy of the following valid documents:

a) National identity card or passport,

b) European driving licence or international driving licence,

c) Credit card valid for the following 6 months from the date of rental of the vehicle,

d) Invoice or up-to-date receipt (max. 2 months old) for domestic utilities (telephone, water, electricity, bank, etc.) confirming your usual address.

When the vehicle is collected, the originals of the copy documents sent in advance must be presented for verification.
Please note that the collection process can take around 1 hour between the instructions and the formalities to be carried out. We therefore recommend that you arrive at the exact time you have agreed with us in order to avoid unnecessary delays.
Check together with our staff that the vehicle is fully equipped in accordance with the previously agreed conditions and that any damage or sign of previous use is included in the collection report.

Do I have to return the camper van clean?

At the time of collection both the outside and inside of the vehicle are clean, and therefore the hirer must return the vehicle in the same condition.

In the event that Velez Van staff have to clean all or part of the vehicle, empty the waste water tank and/or the WC, the renter shall bear all costs arising from this. Any such costs will be deducted from the deposit.

Do I have to return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel?

Yes, the vehicle must be returned under the same conditions in which it was handed over. Otherwise the hirer shall bear the costs related to this. Any such costs will be deducted from the deposit.

What should I do in the event of an accident or damage?

In the event of accident, theft, fire or damage, the customer must immediately inform the police and the company, Vélez Van.

The client must obtain all the particulars of the other party and of the witnesses which, together with the details of the accident, must be sent to the company within the time limit indicated.

The hirer must immediately notify the authorities of the accident. The accident report must be duly completed and signed at the very latest when the vehicle is returned to the company.

What documentation will the additional drivers need to provide?

The same documentation as the main driver. Any additional drivers must also meet the same conditions as the main driver.

What happens if the rental falls between different seasons?

The prices are calculated according to the days in each respective season.

Can I travel abroad rent motorhome en almeria?

Yes. If you wish to travel outside of Spain, you must request authorisation from the company so please let us know as soon as possible.

Where can I get drinking water during the trip?

At many petrol stations and camp sites. In most cases, there is only a small fee for refilling the drinking water tank.

Do I have to pay a deposit when I collect the vehicle?

Yes, a deposit of €750.00 is required when collecting the motorhome, to be paid by credit card. The card holder and the hirer must be the same person.

No vehicle can be taken if the deposit has not been received.

Why do I have to pay a deposit?

The deposit must be paid because €540.00 of the €750.00 deposit corresponds to the insurance excess.

It is a fully refundable deposit, which is used when there is any damage to the vehicle and its interior, tyres, windows, basic or extra equipment during the rental period. It will also be used to pay any fines, shortfall in fuel or other associated costs.

What is the cancellation policy?

In the event of cancellation of a binding reservation, the hirer must pay the following cancellation fees:

– up to 50 days before the start of the rental period, 20% of the total rental price.

– between 49 and 25 days before the start of the rental period, 30% of the total rental price.

– between 24 and 16 days before the start of the rental period, 75% of the total rental price.

– between 15 and 8 days before the start of the rental period, 90% of the total rental price.

– less than 7 days before the start of the rental period, 100% of the total rental price.

(See general terms and conditions)

Can we bring our own bikes?

Yes, as long as they are not electric due to the weight to be supported by the bike rack.

Is the cost of the insurance included in the rental price?

Yes, the rental price includes VAT and comprehensive insurance with roadside assistance.

How do I confirm the reservation?

– Reservations made more than 24 days in advance

To confirm your reservation you must pay 40% of the total amount by bank transfer or credit card.

– Reservations made less than 24 days in advance

To confirm your reservation you must pay the full amount of the rental.

Can I take my dog with me?

Unfortunately no, on this occasion you will have to leave your pets at home, to respect those who have allergies.

Can I smoke or light candles in the motor home?

Out of respect for future customers, we do not allow smoking inside our vehicles and for safety reasons, no candles may be lit inside.

Can I leave my car at your premises?

Yes, we have covered parking at our premises where you can leave your vehicle. This service is free of charge but is always at your own risk.

At what speed does the motorhome travel?

The maximum speed will depend on the road. You must respect the speed limits established by law at all times. On dual carriageways and motorways the maximum speed allowed is 110 km/h.

Can we fit baby or child seats in the vehicle?

Yes, they can be fitted.

Do we have to supply the gas for the cooker?

No, we supply the gas for the cooker. If you run out along the way you will find replacement bottles at camp sites and at some petrol stations. Such replacements will be at your expense.

Are personal items covered under the insurance?

No, the rental insurance does not cover the loss, damage or theft of your belongings.